[Twisted-Python] Weird, apparently platform-dependent bug that hoses reactor

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Jun 26 22:12:28 EDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:10:06 -0400
Steve Waterbury <golux at comcast.net> wrote:

> The platform-dependent aspect is that we have run the
> exact same code on Debian (unstable) have *not* seen
> this traceback there.  We get the traceback on a
> Red Hat 9 (2.4.20-18.9) machine.

We had one other report, Redhat 7.3.

Are you using Redhat Python RPMs? Can you reproduce the bug without
depending on Twisted? If doing signal.signal(...etc..) by itself causes
this problem, it's obviously not a Twisted problem.

Are you doing reactor.run() in a thread?

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting