[Twisted-Python] Getting Stories Straight (RPYs)

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Wed Jun 25 05:36:45 EDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, "W.J." <miathan at goliath.darktech.org> wrote:

> It all starts to make sense again with servers that combine several
> services into one application, especially if some involve persistent
> connections.
> You don't want to bounce offline all users currently using the IMAP and
> IRC servers every time you make a small change to a web page.

If you're doing development on the live server the users are using,
bouncing them off every now and then is a good way to let them know
they are morons for using such a sketchy server.

> The rebuild() solution mentioned by Christopher Armstrong mostly takes
> care of that.

The rebuild() solution will probably consume most of the start-up time.

> On-the-fly reloading can be hell, but the ubiquitous "server reboot" is
> what I *really* disgusted in most J2EE implementations. I really hope
> twisted is not going to enforce this.

Twisted is not about enforcement. Twisted is about mocking people who are
using the technology in non-optimal ways.
--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.