[Twisted-Python] To twisted.web beginners: don't use RPYs

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Jun 23 21:11:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 06:29:29PM -0400, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

> Thus, rpys should have as little code as possible in them -- on the order of 10
> lines or less (maybe more if you decide to put very simple configuration

This reminds me of the MSDN recommending that ASP scripts should never be
more than 100 lines, because they're just glue for your COM objects.  A
previous employer of mine knew that, and still had ~100000 lines of ASP
anyway, including a charting system in about ~20000 lines.  I understand
that this is not uncommon :)

People *will* misuse software -- particularly if the documention isn't
excellent...

-Andrew.