[Twisted-Python] Lies, Damn Lies, and Stable Interfaces

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jun 19 14:44:10 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 03:30 PM, Tommi Virtanen wrote:

> 	What does *ActiveDirectory* need to check a users passphrase?

Sorry, I don't really know anything about ActiveDirectory on a
technical level. :-\

The reason I mentioned it is that certain large corporations use it for
single-sign-on (SSO) across their entire intranet, that they consider
this important, and that a problem with OSS adoption is that not enough
OSS software can authenticate against it.

Well, really the problem is that not enough OSS software has pluggable
authentication at _all_, but AD support is important because places
which really want SSO have often deployed a Microsoft solution already.

This is all second- or third-hand information, so I'd appreciate some
enlightenment too...