[Twisted-Python] release fever

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jun 13 02:34:43 EDT 2003

We need a new release to get rolling soon.  Itamar and I have pretty
much finished the design for newcred (it really feels like it's going
to work _nicely_, but we haven't implemented anything yet, so stay
tuned) and of course, this is going to involve some serious changes.  I
think we can maintain backwards compatibility, but there are going to
be small changes in lots of places in protocol code (z3p, we need to
talk to you) that involve doing authentication.

We need to get a 1.0.6 release finalized before this sort of work
starts hitting CVS; as soon as newcred is in, I want to start the 1.1
release cycle.