[Twisted-Python] typos

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Jun 10 22:42:54 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 03:41:01PM -0600, Andrew Dalke wrote:

> I then installed the netpbm package ("fink install netpbm"), which
> took about 14 minutes and reran the process-docs program
>
> ./admin/process-docs: latex: command not found
>
> That's it - I'm not wasting any more time to get a local copy
> of the docs.  Yes, I could install latex, and iterate install
> packages until it all works, but my point is that getting the
> docs working is a non-trivial task, at least for some people.
> And woe be to those running something without a 'sh' derived
> shell.

As mentioned in another email in this thread, this command should be
sufficient to generate the .xhtml for the howtos:

    bin/lore --config template=doc/howto/template.tpl \
             --config baseurl=http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/current/api/public/%s.html \
             -l ../howto/ doc/howto/*.html

This shouldn't require any software other than Lore, which is part of
Twisted.  (It's the LaTeX/PS/PDF that requires external software for things
like image conversion, HTML is effectively Lore's "native" format.)

You could easily trim that command down to:

    lore --config template=doc/howto/template.tpl doc/howto/*.html

And not miss much.

This is certainly not obvious to most people (I suspect many of the Twisted
devs don't know how to invoke Lore, either), and probably does deserve to be
documented better -- a "Working from CVS" doc probably would be worthwhile.

-Andrew.