[Twisted-Python] The problem with Twisted...

Philippe Lafoucrière lafou at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 5 05:28:06 EDT 2003

> I'm no Woven expert, but wvupdate_ is described here:
>     http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/viewindepth#auto5
>
> I presume you're saying that's not clear enough?
>
> (I really should try to learn Woven myself sometime, so I can know how you
> feel...  :)

Yes, Please try it. I a twisted newbie, but sometimes things happen
magically. I knew the page

howto/viewindepth#auto5

(red all the doc already) but this is not clear enough for me (maybe
it's because I'm not english fluent). For me, wvupdate_ and wvfactory_
are used to create a new View for a page.Page.

In exemples :

class MyPage(page.Page):
    def wvupdate_foo(self, request, widget, data):
        if data > 10:
            newNode = widget.getPattern("large")
        else:
            newNode = widget.getPattern("small")
        newNode.appendChild(request.d.createTextNode(str(data)))
        widget.appendChild(newNode)

class MyView(view.View):
  def generate(self, request, node, model):
      return request.d.createTextNode("Hello, world!")

class MyPage(page.Page):
    def wvfactory_foo(self, request, node, model):
        return MyView(model)

I think I can put :
****
	if data > 10:
            newNode = widget.getPattern("large")
        else:
            newNode = widget.getPattern("small")
        newNode.appendChild(request.d.createTextNode(str(data)))
        widget.appendChild(newNode)
****
in the wvfactory_foo !?

By the way, I was looking for documentation on cred, since I want to
persist identies created on a twisted server. The cred howto needs some
rewrite with concrete exemples.
I can't pickle identities with Shelf since Indenties have references to
Auth, and Auth to Identities (infinite loop when pickeling).

--
Philippe Lafoucrière <lafou at wanadoo.fr>
InFuzzion