[Twisted-Python] PyCon Logistics

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Feb 20 20:48:03 MST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 05:05:37PM -0500, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 07:12:34PM -0600, Allen Short wrote:
> >
> > Chris and I have been looking at hotels in the D.C. area with an eye
> > towards affordability and proximity to GWU: the best we've found so
> > far is a Best Western in Arlington: assuming 3 to a room, it'll be
> > around $30/night/person.
>

> Ok, I just called and they only have rooms available starting at
> $119/night + tax. :-( There's some damned flowery crap going on in
> D.C. around then, which is apparently booking up the hotels.

Ok, I lied.

If you register through the web site:

http://www.netbooker.com/booker/AppLogic+booker.hotel.info.Start?brand=BW&pid=47096&iid=BW

as opposed to calling to register, you can get the cheaper rates. From
what I can tell, the reason for this is that Best Western and Key
Bridge are two different organizations that have two different sets of
prices, regardless that it's the same hotel. :P

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/