[Twisted-Python] quoting strings in db transactions

Sean Riley sean at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Feb 18 20:52:01 MST 2003

Hello,

The twisted enterprise was in use for an on-line game development project at
Ninjaneering (http://www.ninjaneering.com) and I was the primary user, but
unfortunately, I am no longer at that company and future of the project may
be going in a different direction.

I'd say the twisted.enterprise code is relatively solid at what it does, but
its functionality is only really useful in a limited set of circumstances.
There have been some discussions about extending its functionality, but I no
longer have any time to devote to it. So, there is definitely room for
contributions :)

Regarding the particular issue of quoting strings, I was not aware of a
database independant way of safely quoting strings when that code was
written - is that actually part of the DBAPI?

Sean