[Twisted-Python] Trying to figure out twisted.web

Moshe Zadka twisted at moshez.org
Tue Feb 18 11:11:55 MST 2003

On 18 Feb 2003, Abe Fettig <abe at fettig.net> wrote:

> So far I've set up a server that processes .epy files using
> twisted.web.script.PythonScript.

You don't want that. Use resource scripts.

> This would be fine, except that it
> doesn't seem to let me do asynchronous things - I can start a deferred,
> and set the callback to request.write(something), but then it never gets
> called.

PythonScripts bad. ResourceScripts good. In resource scripts, you
just return server.NOT_DONE_YET and everything is fine.
(See using-twistedweb.html)

> Also, I'm having trouble with twisted.web.static.Registry.  All I want
> to is make a set of objects available to all the pages in my site. I
> don't understand how a Registry object uses interfaces, or even why its
> neccessary to use interfaces at all.  Is there a way to access objects
> in the registry by name?  Some sample code would helpe me here, too.

Read the HOWTO mentioned above. It should answer all your questions.

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.