[Twisted-Python] PB and multiple apps

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Fri Feb 14 19:07:22 MST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 08:27:56PM -0500, Jeff Grimmett wrote:

> > umm.  yes.  reactor.stop makes things shut down.  That's what
> > its job is.  The examples use reactor.stop so that they will
> > quit when the example is over.  It's not anything to do with
> > how PB works.
>
> Yes, exactly, my point exactly. After much digging and head-scratching I
> might be on the right track now that I've grokked a little about
> doIteration() ...

You shouldn't need to be looking at the reactor's implementation to use PB.

The reactor is Twisted's event loop.  Thus, reactor.stop() will shutdown
your Twisted app.  If you don't want your app to stop in your callback,
don't call reactor.stop() in your callback.

I feel that either you're missing the obvious or I'm misunderstanding what
you're asking.

-Andrew.