[Twisted-Python] Re: In Defense of Taps

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Fri Feb 14 13:29:45 MST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 01:35:35PM -0000, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Hmm.  That actually looks ugly to me, but something like that.
>
> Yes, this is the overriding problem. Is it really a problem in development?
> When I develop, I just do "!mktap\n!twistd" in bash...

  I'll go you one better, "!mktap && !twistd" the first time, and "!mktap"
every subsequent time.  Either way, this has always seemed sufficient to me.

The biggest problem I have is the amount of time it takes to backtrack from
the end of a long command to somewhere in the middle to change an option,
and this strikes me as a bash problem, not a Twisted one (one that
lengthening the "twistd" invocation command would only exacerbate.

  Jp