[Twisted-Python] Re: In Defense of Taps

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Fri Feb 14 06:35:35 MST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that bit of information: after thinking about those categories some
> more, I've realized that an upcoming rewrite of the website needs to address 4
> audiences:

We can start by having a restructuring of the indices to fit them :)
(Maybe they won't know we have it, but it'll at least be a place to
point them at)

> Yes.  It'd be nice to have more integration between mktap and twistd so that
> you don't actually need to output the file in development.  We've been lazy
> about that because it'd be tough to separate the config options.
>
> How about extending usage.Options to recognize the '--' option the same way
> xinit does, and consider the mktap script the "pass-through" for twistd, e.g.:
>
>     twistd -l nohttp.log -n -f -- web -l http.log --https 443 --path ~/my-path

Well, -- is already implemented and will pass the arguments to
.processOptions(). Currently, it errors out if there are any arguments,
but it's easy to do "from scripts.mktap import ...".

> Hmm.  That actually looks ugly to me, but something like that.

Yes, this is the overriding problem. Is it really a problem in development?
When I develop, I just do "!mktap\n!twistd" in bash...

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.