[Twisted-Python] win32eventreactor part II

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Tue Feb 11 20:31:06 MST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:54:13 -0500
"Jeff Grimmett" <grimmtooth at softhome.net> wrote:

> Out of curiousity, is it necessary to use the win32 reactor in order
> to use the w32 flavor of ProcessProtocol, or is it possible to just
> use one without the other?

Yes, you need it. Long term plan is to make it possible to hook up win32
to standard reactor due to Major Issues with the win32 APIs (limited to
only 64 events, and thus sockets/processes), but I'm not all that
motivated to work on it right now. Once that is done you won't need to
use the win32 reactor.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python, Twisted, Zope and Java consulting