[Twisted-Python] Re: Lore vs. latex2html: Fight to the Finish (Moshe Zadka)

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Sun Feb 9 23:03:10 MST 2003

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> PS is an older and more established format with better free tools for
> manipulating it.  I certainly haven't had the experience of EPS=>PDF being
> "trivial" (it seems to be lossy unless you're careful about it), and I know of
> good-quality PS viewers everywhere and PDF viewers only in some places.

All this discussion is irrelevant, really: supporting EPS images is something
which *needs* to be in Lore, because people are currently expecting the ability
to embed EPS images into documents. The only question is, "what source format
would be best for EPS images?". In Lore, "best" translates to "most hope
to be readable when opening the raw source in a web browser".

--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.