[Twisted-Python] OpenCyc

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jul 10 00:06:56 EDT 2001

Ok, I'm very excited about this, but i'm just curious as to what examples
you might have come up with specifically for MM games. Mainly an AI thing
or an ontology engine, or both? By "ontology engine" I mean some kind of
system that will cause things to happen in the universe that lead to some
goal. Kinda like logic programming, I guess.

After thinking of this, I was reminded of an RPG project I read about
a while ago - Totality (http://sourceforge.net/projects/totality/). It's
got this "Conflict Generator" that really strikes me as something that
would work well with something like OpenCyc (even though I have no clue
as to what OpenCyc is or how it works ;)). Check out the docs section
for totality and read about the conflict generator. very interesting stuff.

Sorry for the brambling message, I need to get to sleep.

Chris Armstrong                        carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
http://twistedmatrix.com/~carmstro     carmstro at dynup.net